- Birth Plan - If you created one print out multiple copies so your nurses and doctors may refer to it if last-minute questions arise. Be sure to highlight the most important sections.
- Hospital paperwork, ID, and insurance card - Hospitals require ID, any medicals cards, and insurance documents upfront so have a copy of these readily available.
- Socks - The hospital may provide you with a pair but they wont be as comfortable as your own.
- Cell Phone & Charger
- Hair Ties/Headband
- Nursing Pads
- Toiletries - Hair brush, dry shampoo, toothbrush & toothpaste, deodorant, and face wipes just in case you're not up to showering yet.
- Comfortable Clothing
- Carseat - The hospital will not let you leave unless there is an installed carseat in your vehicle.
- Going Home Outfits - Pack at least two different size going home outfits as you will not know the size of your baby.
- Receiving blanket - The hospital will provide these but its great to bring your own to tuck around your baby in the carseat on the ride home. Make it a heavy one if weather permits.